The Department of Geology at the University of Dhaka is dedicated to disseminate the knowledge of geosciences for understanding of the planet Earth as a system, its resources, and environment for the lasting benefit of humanity. Our mission is to ensure higher education of international standards in geosciences and to produce graduates who will be efficient in their profession as well as valued members of the community and society. In order to achieve the mission the department has set the following goals-
1. Provide quality education in undergraduate and graduate level through comprehensive curricula, best teaching-learning practices and research;
2. Produce professional geologists of international standards so that they can compete in the job market home and abroad;
3. Mentor students to be a responsible citizen caring for the society and the environment;
4. Create suitable environment and opportunities for faculty members to demonstrate and develop their skills and talent in teaching and research;
5. Welcome motivated individuals who are passionate about geoscience and believe in wise stewardship of our planet through critical thinking and innovative ideas.
Our vision is to address the fundamental issues that are related to the societal challenges of the 21 st century including water, energy, mineral resources, natural hazards, climate and life. We endeavors to be one of the leading geoscience education institutions in Bangladesh and in the region. We strives to grow as an internationally recognized research institute through interdisciplinary and collaborative research as well as maintaining scientific integrity.