Master of Social Science (MSS) Program under Semester System - One Year duration divided into 02 (two) Semesters consisting of 08 compulsory courses for a total of 800 marks equivalent to 32 credit hours.
COURSE OF STUDY
* This syllabus has been designed for the students of M.S.S. Program for the academic sessions 2010-11 to 2016-17.
* The duration of M.S.S. degree program is 01 (one) year with 02 (two) semesters consisting of 08 (eight) compulsory courses.
* Each full course consists of 100 marks.
* Students are required to take 04 (four) compulsory courses in each semester. 1st semester: 901, 902, 903 and 904. 2nd semester: 905, 906, 907 and 908.
* After written examinations of 400 marks (each course 100 marks) students will have to appear for viva voce of 12.5 marks in each semester.
* Distribution of 100 marks in each course is as follows:
* Courses numbering 901, 902, 903, 904, 905, 906, 907 and 908 will be of 100 (one hundred) marks in total. The distribution of marks in each course will be as follows:
Research monograph based on fieldwork starting from the beginning of the semester and carried throughout the 2nd semester on a topic approved by concerned teacher consisting of 10 marks.
* In addition to that, there will be 25 marks to be distributed for viva-voce of M.S.S. 1st and 2nd semester final examinations each consisting of 12.5 marks.